Monday, September 7, 2009

Running the DC Mall





Today I got up early and headed downtown to run the DC Mall. Since we moved here, I wanted to run from the Capital all the way along the mall past all the Smithsonian buildings and the monuments over the Memorial Bridge to Arlington National Cemetary and back. So I threw Drew's jogger stroller, a couple of water bottles and a DVD for the ride into the Routan minivan.(Shameless VW promotion) We parked on 15th and Jefferson and did the loop around. It was a great morning to run and there weren't too many people around. In total, it was about 8 miles and yes, I do feel tired right now. Special thanks to Drew for being my copilot on the tour of the Capital! Here are a couple of pictures. Drew took the pictures of me. It is funny to watch people's reaction when they see a 3 year old with the camera. Not too bad for his age. Maybe he'll be a photographer when he grows up.


No comments: